Thursday, July 29, 2004

nothing

Bored. Nothing to do. Too much to do.

I have dishes that need doing, a kitchen that needs cleaning, floors that need vacuuming, food that needs eating, water that needs drinking. Instead, I do nothing. And I'm smoking while doing it.

Yeah, smoking. Those cigarettes, those fuckers.

Made through the whole work day without one, but stress atop stress atop stress during that work day left me with an itchy craving at the end of it. So I broke down and a smoke with a coworker at the end of the day.

This is going to be a bad week. I can feel it already.

By already I mean that, in spite of the fact that this is Thursday, this is the start of my work week. It'll last until Tuesday.

So yeah, the stupid week's just starting, and I can already tell it's going to be bad. Made that way, in part, by the long weekend. I hate fucking long weekends. I think I've said as much in the past. They're worse when they're on Monday -- when our papers go to press at varying times on Tuesday, a holiday on the Monday does wonders to fuck with our schedule.

Wish I had a beer.

Too much to do, and not enough desire to do any of it. Worse yet, there's something I really *really* need to do -- I need to pick up the phone and call someone up and offer them a small but vital part in the movie I'm hoping to start filming in just over a week. I don't have anyone for this small but vital role yet, and if I don't get it filled, I don't really know what I'll do.

I had a name suggested to me weeks back, someone I've seen act before, and she'd be just about perfect for it -- she's a strong enough actress to be able to hit some of the bizarre and conflicting moods that I want her character going through in the ten minutes that she's on the screen.

So I need to make that phone call.

But I had cold calling -- I hate picking up the phone and dialling someone out of the blue.

"Hi! It's Todd Sullivan! Remember me? Want to be in a movie?"

Feh.

I'll sit around, I guess. Finish the other half of this smoke. And maybe, maybe, by 7:30 I'll pick up the phone. Time's running out. I need this role filled -- I already have the other two primary roles taken care of, this is the last of the major ones. Everything else I can fill up with friends and family -- tiny little two line roles that take maybe 30 minutes out of a person's schedule. This one...I'm fucked if I can't get this role filled.

And I need to know *right now* whether or not I need to start looking elsewhere for someone to fill.

7:30. I'll make the call by 7:30.

Hope I can coax her into doing it...

No comments: