Tuesday, July 13, 2004

Mmmm, rabies

I just bought the special edition DVD of David Cronenberg's "Rabid". I've never seen the film before.

I actually went looking for a movie rental tonight, but I haven't rented a movie in so long, I found all of the options available to me a little overwhelming and couldn't even begin to figure out where to begin.

So I wandered over to the previously viewed movies for sale area, scanned the spines, and caught Cronenberg's name. Gave the DVD case a quick glance. Saw "Special Edition". Saw "Commentary by Cronenberg". Figured that was about all I needed to know -- I'm a huge fan of the guy, but my current DVD collection isn't reflecting that very well; I've only got last year's Criterion release of Naked Lunch on my shelf.

So now there's two.

Plus an upcoming Criterion release of Videodrome, apparently. Which I'll have to get my hands on.

Now if they'll just rerelease their edition of Dead Ringers, I'd be a very happy camper.

No comments: