Thursday, March 08, 2007

In another dimension, this might already exist...



...in this one, I'm still waiting.

I get bored of waiting sometimes, so I pretend like I'm not, and I do things like plan intermission music and design posters for plays that I want to direct and might, fates be willing, actually direct one day. Like "'Night, Mother." And like "Closer."

The actual point of this post, though, is to point out that I've fired up a Picasa Web Gallery, where I can dump all the photos that I don't actually take, because I don't have a digital camera at the moment. But if I ever get one, I'll probably dump them there.

I'm not quite as keen on the layout and interface of Picasa's Web Gallerys, compared to the layout at Flickr, but I'm going to give Picasa a try as it's a Google product, and between Gmail, Blogger, and (maybe) some use of Google Docs and Spreadsheets, I'm feeling sort of inclined to keep my web-based apps somewhat unified. So Picasa it is.

Not much to see there at the moment -- a couple of loose poster designs for some plays I want to do, and an archive of the five different Monkey House poster designs, for anyone who didn't see them, or wants to see them again.

Hit my Picasa web album here.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Admittedly I know nothing about plays, but why do you have to wait so long to direct ‘Night Mother? I would like to see it on stage, and I don't think you'd have a problem finding anyone to play either part. Or is it a matter of license?

Todd said...

Response to your comment has become a full-fledged post. But, ignoring that...

Do you like the poster?

Anonymous said...

I'm better with detailed explenations anyways.

(personally) I don't think the poster needs the blood splater. The time of day looks about right and the rainbow doesn't make the picture seem any happier, but almost like it's looming over the house, in relation to the play I think it really suites it. The lighting just makes it look like there is something unpleasant, so I'd say it's a good choice.

Todd said...

I'm glad you like the photo. It was the rainbow image that sold it for me (and was, in fact, the keyword I was searching for while browsing for photos). Additionally, the rainbow helps to sell something else I want to do with the show -- and have for years. But I don't want to talk about that too openly. It would ruin the impact of it, I fear. As for the blood splatter...I'm not sure the house and the rainbow by themselves are enough to sell the play to people who aren't already familiar with it. Still, it's probably at *least* a year before any sort of legitimate poster needs to be ready to go, so there's plenty of time for to think and rethink the design. Think it to death, in fact.