Sunday, June 06, 2004

Well, that solves that.

Installed a counter, finally. It's that silly little thing over in the right-hand pane, under the heading "Countage".

It's difficult addressing an invisible audience. Is anyone there? Is anyone not there? At this point, I don't much care one way or the other -- an audience is nice enough, sure, but I'm doing this mostly for my own benefit. They're just...you know, the gravy.

Still, now I can know if I have an audience or not.

Although, for the moment, I've only succeeded in counting the number of times I've viewed the page since installing the counter. And that's too many times, if you ask me.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Y'know, the counter thing probably wouldn't be so frightening if it had fewer zeroes. I mean, hey, maybe it should just start at "01" and then go up to "99". And THEN add the next zero when you're ready for it. I mean: "000005" kinda looks really pathetic, doesn't it? It would look so much friendlier as "05" or even "5". On the bright side? Maybe one day you'll need a coupla more of those zeroes...