Thursday, October 27, 2005

Goddamn insomnia

Can't sleep. Just in case you were wondering.

3:10 a.m. My eyes are heavy. My body is exhausted. Everything is in place for a good night's sleep, but for reasons beyond me sleep continues to avoid me. I've got tunes on my MP3 player, playing softly through headphone -- something to distract me, something to heopfully keep my thoughts from getting so loud that I stare at the ceiling. Unfortunately it's not working.

Goddamn opening night stage adrenaline won't go away.

Goddamn thoughts won't settle down.

Goddamn body won't just shut itself off, in spite of my burning desire for it to do so.

Goddamn insomnia.

EDIT: Oh my lord, the current Strongbad Email is about insomnia. And I'm just about tired enough to think that means something significant in the grand scheme of things...

No comments: