Wednesday, May 02, 2007

Holy busy, Batman...

So the first issue of the ArtScene -- formerly known as the secret project -- went to press yesterday, and is officially on the streets as of today.

It's not quite as beefy as I would have liked to see, but it's still a damn fine product that I'm damn proud to have worked on. I only hope we can kick as much -- if not even more -- ass with the second issue.

Work on the ArtScene has meant, somewhat strangely, that I've been doing a fairly good job of maintaining my New Year's resolution to write a whole lot more often, although I haven't been writing in many of the things I had been intending to. The novel is still stagnating and this blog is getting dusty, but I there's a fair amount of content from me in ArtScene #1, which is sort of cool, as it's something that's actually out and being read, and not something that's just sitting on my hard drive.

Secret Project #2 (the unannounced announcement from my last post) is still up in the air, and while I'm eager to spill the beans on what it is, I'm wary to until there's a 100% confirmation that it's going ahead. People who know me already know what this project is, so they don't have to feel left out. For the rest of you -- of which I suspect there might be two, maybe three -- you'll just have to wait. Sorry.

Those of you interested in keeping up with the goings-on at the ArtScene, we've cobbled together a blog dedicated to it. There's not much to look at for now, but we're going to try to keep a fairly regular flow of content their, whether it's behind-the-scenes goings on, articles that didn't make the final cut, or just random silliness, there'll hopefully be something new there every couple of days. Which is more than I can say for this space here.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

on the topic of secrets, I read your wonderful article at:
http://www.wltribune.com/portals-code/list.cgi?paper=37&cat=23&id=977452&more=
and could only add this on the subject: The power of a Number!!

What is the point of protecting a secret everyone knows?
09 F9 11 02 9D 74 E3 5b D8 41 56 C5 63 56 88 C0
is propagating rapidly.

Yesterday a google search return 420,000 hits today it is 3 times that, or 1,500,000. If you have a

product that people love (media content) and you wrap it in a product people hate, what good does it

bring you?

Copyrights are too long in length, too encumbered in restrictions on fair use and too unenforceable

should they become as cumbersome as they currently are. The Digital Millenium Copyright Act is as

useless as the war in Iraq, who will be the first to notice the Emperor has no clothes? An AP search

of "09 F9 11 02 9D 74 E3 5b D8 41 56 C5 63 56 88 C0" returns nothing, and yet the internet is filled

with this "magic number" and it stories legend already. The corporate media becomes more transparent

in their shilling for corporations and governments by their glaring lack of coverage on the stunningly

obvious.

It is amazing the power of a number such as as 09 F9 11 02 9D 74 E3 5b D8 41 56 C5 63 56 88 CO has to

bring the light to focus on this long festering problem.