Tuesday, February 22, 2005

Say hello to hollywood

I had a chat on the way home with a coworker (not, for the record, the same that helped me consume the wild turkey -- she was drinking official, company, home-brew wine) about films, and about the upcoming oscars. It was an interesting converation because I hadn't previously known she'd had much of an interest in film and filmmaking, but based on the way she was dropping the names of directors and composers left my speechless.

I have to compile my annual oscar prediction list by Friday so we can compare notes.

She dropped Danny Elfman's name, and I was reminded of the fantastic rock band he fronted from, I think, the late-70s to the mid-90s called Oingo Boingo. I'm not good with music classification, so I'll call the kind of work they produced "Neuveau-Jazz-Punk" because it sounds cool to me right now.

No comments: