Sunday, January 16, 2005

Coming out from the cold

Hi blog.

...

What's happening?

I'm not talking to you.

What's the matter?

Don't play innocent with me. You know what's the matter.

Okay, so I haven't been here in awhile. I've been...neglectful.

There's more to it than that, and you know it.

What are you talking about?

I've seen you with that "World of Warcraft" hussy. I know *why* you've been neglectful.

Now, hey, come one...

You've *replaced* me!

It's not like that!

...


Look, okay, maybe WoW has taken some of my attention from you...

All of it.

...okay, all of it. But it wasn't my fault. A friend of mine bought it for me, and if I'd known I was going to take to it like a crack addict, I never would have installed it. And now that I have, it's too late. I fear my soul may be lost.

Exactly my point.

But you forget something too.

Oh, and what's that?

This sort of thing, it's never permanent. It's a temporary fling. It's only because it's so new, and so pretty. And because it has an amazing online gameplay experience. But all that will fade eventually.

And then?


And then I'll come back to my one true love.

Cheese?

No, you stupid blog, you.

You're just saying that to soften me up.

Is it working?

Well...maybe a little.

Good.

So, does this mean you're back to the blogosphere?

It might, but I'm not making any promises.

You already made promises -- you said in your column that one of your new year's resolutions was to update your blog *at least* once a week.

How the hell did you read my column?

That's my little secret. Doesn't change the fact that you made the promise. And publicly too.

I should learn to stop doing that.

Yes, you should. Does that mean you're back to the blogosphere?

It means...see you next week, I guess.

Better than nothing.

Hey, blog?

Yeah?

It's good talking to you again.

It's good to be talked to again too.

No comments: