Sunday, October 10, 2004

Red, Red Wine

I need to drink red wine more often.

I'm not sure what it is about red wine, but I get a very different kind of buzz after a few drinks -- a very creative kind of buzz, like I want to write something, or paint, or drawy crappy stick figure cartoons.

I don't know exactly why it works that way. I know different kinds of alcohols give different kinds of drunks, and red wine just happens to give me a really creative kind of drunk.

Maybe it's because there's just something so wonderfully...pretentious about red wine. And there's nothing more pretentious than creating something.

Well, no, I guess creating something isn't pretentious. Talking about creating something -- that's pretentious. I hate listening to artists talk about their art. I catch myself doing it every now and then, and I start to cringe even though I somehow can't stop myself. It's crazy.

So maybe my desire to create on red wine is to try to act as an anti-pretention agent. Maybe.

Doesn't matter, as it's Vodka I've got in the freezer.



This post has been brought to you by Todd's promise to write something every day this month, to justify buying a stupid $80.00 keyboard. Enjoy.

No comments: