Saturday, September 17, 2005

Novelizingismesque

The book is sitting at 90,000 words.

That's 5,000 tonight, plus 5,000 after my blog post of last night. 10,000 words in two days. I'm absolutely stunned at the amount of output I've had. But not entirely surprised, either. I think I suspected this would happen, once I got the ball rolling. So much of the story was there, and I was so goddamn close to the end, that once it started to roll, there'd be no stopping it.

One chapter and epilogue left, plus a little bit to do to the middle to get it done.

Final chapter is on the agenda for tomorrow or Monday. I don't know if I'll be able to get it done in a single sitting, like I've done for the last two chapters, but it will more than likely be another situation of starting and simply not being able to stop until it's done.

Still, I don't like making promises to myself. So we'll just see what happens.

90,000 words. Seems pretty likely at this point that it'll break the 100,000 word mark, and will probably even drift to 105,000 by the time I tack on the epilogue and fill out the middle.

105,000 words. Goddamn it's been a long time.

What a ride.

No comments: