Monday, June 20, 2005

You are cordially invited to dance through my dreams

Psychologists tell us that dreaming is an important part of the sleep process. That unless we receive the right amount of "rem" sleep, that we are tired and irritable and not at all at our bests the next day. And that in order to receive that correct amount of "rem" sleep we must dream each night. And not just once! Sometimes two, three, maybe even four times.

With all this dreaming going on, with all this access to fantasy, you'd think I'd be having the time of my life while visiting neverland, but no such luck. My dreams are clearly so ridiculously ordinary that I can't even be bothered to remember them when I wake up in the morning.

So I'm inviting you, oh dearest one, to come and visit me in my dreams.

We can do anything you like. I'm not fussy. We can take a walk on the beach at sunset, or have a picnic in a park, but because it's a dream we're not limited to those sorts of silly, ordinary, day-to-day activities. We could just as easily brunch with Jesus or Einstein, watch the sun rise from Mars, or go swimming in a lake of lager.

And if you'd prefer doing something on the naughty side...well, I might pretend to be shocked at first, but deep down, I will have always known that it's what you wanted, and I'll be open and receptive to anything you suggest, even if it involves leather and/or rubber. Particularly leather.

I know it's not quite as good as the real thing, but I'm willing to accept this second-best substitute and can only hope that you're willing to do the same. An RSVP is, of course, appreciated, but not necessary. Feel free to drop by dreams uninvited any time. I'm sure we can find ways to entertain ourselves.

No comments: