Sunday, August 15, 2004

Misery and Company

I've discovered something lately, about my blog reading habits, which has come as a bit of a surprise.

I have a think for well-written blogs that are authored by unhappy people.

Now, these aren't the only kinds of blogs I read. I also like tech-blogs and hollywood-gossip blogs and entertainingly well-written blogs. But I noticed this taste for blogs written by unhappy people recently one of those blog writers suddenly had their life take a turn for the better.

Now, I don't know this woman, I could certainly not begrudge her her happiness, in fact I'm thrilled she's happy, given some of the things she had talked about in her blog in the past.

But the funny thing is this: I just don't find her blog quite as compelling anymore.

She had a great way with words when she was depressed or when she was angry. And she still has that great way with words, but the words just don't resonate with me in the way they used to.

I guess that's because I'm still looking for the moment in my life when the sun breaks through the clouds.

On that topic, I've decided to finally give in and fire up a second blog -- an anonymous blog -- where I can talk about anything that crosses my mind. But, most specifically, the kinds of embarassing things that could be reognized by people who know me and read this little ol' blog.

I'm not sure what that'll mean for this blog. It's had some peaks and valleys since I started it, and my initial cause for concern in starting a new anonymous blog was that this one might take second place and see fewer updates.

Of course, I've done significantly fewer updates in the last month, so that's less of a concern now. And on the bright side, writing two blogs, if the second doesn't take too much out of me, might even inspire to me write even more often, meaning even more updates over here too.

Oh, and as for the blog I mentioned earlier -- Bellow -- it's officially added to my linkage section. Give it a read. It's still terrifically well written, even if, somehow, I don't find happiness quite as compelling.

No comments: