Saturday, March 20, 2004

Good enough for now.

So, what's this all about, anyway?

A few weeks back I wrote a column a little different than most. It didn't talk much about computers or the Internet. Instead it was a rambling, introspective narrative that was written during a power outage.

I received a few comments about it, and most cases, the people commenting didn't quite *get it*. Now, granted, ultimately that reflects on me as a writer, and would indicate that the column probably could have been improved upon. But it also got me thinking that, sometimes, it would be nice to comment about the column itself, in a medium outside of the column. Kind of like the commentary track on a DVD.

So that's what this is for, in part. On top of that, if I can get into the blogging thing, it might prove to be a place for me to write about things that aren't appropriate for the column, or use language that isn't appropriate for the column. Or just post links to things that I think are cool.

We'll see.

Right now, to be frank, I don't much know what this is going to turn out to be. All I know is that, for the moment, it's here. Let's see what it becomes.

No comments: